Beneficiaries Description: Direct beneficiaries are nearly 3,000 university students of 7 universities and 1,500 young adults of surrounding communities, keeping gender balance. Indirect beneficiaries are other students of the targeted seven universities student councils’ members, administration and staff of the universities, families of the students, community members and in general the public of Armenia.
Project Areas: Gyumri (Shirak), Gavar (Gegharkunik), Vanadzor (Lori), Ijevan (Tavush), Goris and Kapan (Syunik), Yerevan
- To enhance students’ civic activeness in 7 universities and neighboring communities.
- To develop students’ knowledge and skills in CS sector and enhance their civic participation.
- To empower the students to more actively and effectively participate in social life of their community and country at whole.
- To promote university students to investigate civic issues in the local rural communities, to find approaches towards the solutions to the identified issues and problems and to take appropriate actions.
- To further enhance a network of communication and collaboration on social and civil issues between the seven universities’ students.
|Project Type:||Self-Developed / Direct Implementation|
|Start date:||Sepember 1, 2010|
|End date:||August 31, 2012|
|Coordinator / Responsible Person:||Ruben Krikyan|
Seven Universities targeted by the project
|Project Cost by Partner||AMD: -|
|Project Cost by Implementer:||USD: 24,000|
|Donor Organization:||Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway|
|Project Cost by Donor Organization:||USD: 120,000|