Beneficiaries Description: Direct beneficiaries are fest participants and musicians. At least 19 000 people.
Project Area: Yerevan, Armenia
Project Goal: to develop young musical talent throughout Armenia by instituting master classes and various educational and training programs.
- Foster civic engagement by promoting volunteerism, particularly among the youth.
- Promote corporate social responsibility, by encouraging local companies to invest in the continued growth of Open Music Fest.
- Promote both short- and long-term cross-border collaboration through master music classes, participation in the festival of guest artists from neighboring countries, and a host of related educational and cultural-exchange programs.
- Promote the development of young musical talent throughout Armenia by instituting master classes and other educational programs.
- Annually, include in the festival program one or more concerts that feature young, emerging musicians, particularly those engaged in the educational activities instituted by Open Music Fest.
- Continually promote collaboration with diaspora entities, including artists, organizations, and benefactors.
- Promote local grassroots participation in a cultural event that provides a positive counterpoint to hopelessness and cynicism and encourages the public to embrace a new sense of purpose.
- Engage foreign embassies as well as international organizations operating in Armenia to contribute to the success of Open Music Fest, by sponsoring performances by artists from their respective countries and/or supporting various cross-border and educational initiatives through the festival.
- Develop Open Music Fest into a globally relevant musical and cultural event which will continue to feature many of the world’s emerging and renowned musicians.
- Promote tourism by continually enhancing the festival’s programs (in terms of diversity of repertoire and performers, artistic quality, and overall audience experience).
- Boost local job creation by offering seasonal and year-long employment opportunities, particularly for the youth.
- Continually seek partnerships with foundations, world agencies, and international organizations, such as the United Nations Development Program, the Jinishian Foundation, the Armenian General Benevolent Union and others, to ensure the success of Open Music Fest and continually expand and enhance its various activities/programs.
|Start date:||July 1, 2009|
|End date:||September 21, 2009|
|Coordinator / Responsible Person:||Armen Hakobyan|
|Implementer:||“Open Music Fest” LLC|
|Project Cost by Implementer:||AMD: 2,970,000 USD: 9,738|
|Project Cost by JMF:||AMD: 5,472,000 USD: 17,941|
|Beneficiaries Number:||About 19,000|