JMF has supported community development projects and activities since its establishment, having applied different approaches to community development and supported communities and community based organizations through grants and direct initiatives.
In 2005, JMF developed a unique Community Mobilization Initiative (CMI) Model designed to empower Armenian communities to find solutions to socio-economic problems within their communities through the mobilization of internal and external human and financial resources. The CMI model continues to outline JMF’s strategies and mechanisms for Community Based Development Programs.
Within the CMI Model, JMF has set the following strategic objectives to meet the demand of program beneficiaries:
- Communities are mobilized and empowered to find solutions to local community based problems.
- Community Active Groups (CAG) are empowered to operate sustainable.
- Links and collaboration between CAG and government bodies at all levels are strengthened.
- Communities are empowered to define and solve their problems using internal and external resources.
- A network of synergy between communities at the regional and national level is facilitated.
Meanwhile, JMF will keep up to date with international and national best practices on community development, and continue to collaborate with International and Local organizations acting in the Community Development sector.