Beneficiaries Description: 250 children with disabilities and development disorder living in Sevan and surrounding villages
Project Areas: Sevan (Gegharkunik region)
Project Goal: to improve the quality of life of children with disabilities and development disorder and the economic state of their families from Sevan and 10 surrounding villages through establishment of a specialized Rehabilitation Center that will create necessary conditions for rehabilitation, education, activity and social adaption to further contribute towards improvement of the social-economic state of the children and their families.
- Establish a Rehabilitation Center for children with disabilities and development disorder
- Reconstruct, renovate, furnish and equip the building to serve as a Rehabilitation Center for children and Resource Center for conducting professional trainings for the staff and vocational trainings for parents of the beneficiary children.
- Recruit and train specialists to further be employed to work with children at the Center.
- Conduct outreach visits to the targeted villages with the purpose of identifying new cases of child disability and development disorder to further register at the Center for treatment.
- Organize vocational trainings for parents (mainly mothers) at the Resource Center for potential employment.
|Project Type: ||JMF initiative|
|Start Date:||May 1, 2019|
|End Date:||December 30, 2021|
|Coordinator / Responsible Person:||Zara Janibekyan|
|Project Cost by Partners:||AMD: 35,997,670 USD: 74,222|
|Project Cost by JMF:||AMD: 48,500,000 USD: 100,000|