Beneficiaries Description: Direct beneficiaries: about 1,200 university students/ youth of 7 universities and Youth Department of the Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Holy Church in Georgia and nearly 400 young adults of surrounding communities, considering the gender balance. Indirect beneficiaries: other students of the seven universities student councils’ members, administration and staff of the universities, families of the students, community members and in general the public of Armenia/ Armenian population in Georgia.
Project Areas: Gyumri (Shirak), Gavar (Gegharkunik), Vanadzor (Lori), Ijevan (Tavush), Goris and Kapan (Syunik), Yerevan, Tbilisi (Georgia)
Project Goal: To vivify and enhance civil participation in Armenia through supporting and encouraging university students in the regions to play more active, capable and informed role in immediate and long term economic, social and political development of the country.
- To further enhance students’ civic activeness in 7 universities and neighboring communities.
- To develop students’ knowledge and skills in CS sector and enhance their civic participation.
- To empower the students to more actively and effectively participate in the social life of their communities and country at whole.
- To promote university students to investigate civic issues in the local rural communities, to find approaches towards the solutions to the identified problems and take appropriate actions.
- To further enhance a network of communication and collaboration on social and civil issues between seven universities’ students.
|Project Type:||Self-Developed / Direct Implementation|
|Start Date:||October 1, 2018|
|End Date:||June 15, 2019|
|Coordinator / Responsible Person:||Ruben Krikyan|
|Partner Organization:||Seven Universities targeted by the project / Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Holy Church in Georgia|
|Project Cost by Implementer:||USD: 36,416 AMD: 17,661,760 |